size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
04-09-2023, 09:09 PM

Whatever her father had been expecting, it seemed that a request to go on patrol wasn’t it. Even still, she thought she could see evidence of a pleasant surprise spread across his features- perhaps an indication of relief. Talyssa offered a bit more of a brightened grin as he made the decision to allow it. When she was instructed to come along, she was quick to respond by quietly falling into step as the Aegis lead the way out of lounge, through his castle, and out of the grand foyer.

Outside it was a completely different world than what she had left it as the night before. While the sun was very slowly making its entrance for the day, it hadn’t had the opportunity to offer its warmth. The air was still crisp from the lengthening night brought on by the transition of autumn. However, it made for a pleasant walk through the territory- off toward the plains so her sire would have it. And just as the faint dawn light began to brighten along the horizon line, the song of birds filtered through the air as the awakened to greet the day. There was something peaceful about it. Forgiving. As the tranquility washed over her, she offered a deep but silent inhale- clenching her eyes shut for a moment as she concentrated on the echo of waves in the distance- the pattern of her stride next to her father’s. The momentary repose washed away any sort of anxiousness she might have had. How could anything go wrong in paradise?

Talyssa could have lived in that instant forever. However, she knew that reality needed to be addressed. Blinking away the brief daydream, she returned her attention to her sire just as he asked for her opinion on which path they should take. “How about the path by the sea?” She offered, not that it truly mattered to her. Even still, an answer was an answer. It was the next questions that caused her chest to wrench, though not for the reasons one would think. “I’m sorry.” She finally said with a sigh. The injury wasn’t so bad- superficial at best. However, it was the guilt that racked her which hurt the most. “I shouldn’t have been there. I should have come home earlier. I shouldn’t have been that far away.” Once she started, she couldn’t stop flood of emotion that ensued. “I shouldn’t have put myself in that situation. I-I shouldn’t have listened to him. I- I- I” Her voice began to tremble beyond control as her pale glaze glistened with the threat of tears. “Îmi-mi pare rău, Tati.”