size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
04-11-2023, 04:21 PM

Tension holds him rigid as he speaks, his mind warring between the image he has held in his mind and what Medusa is really like. The blood on the woman does put the boy on edge a little but a simple test of the air proves that it is not another wolf’s. Enki lays down his offer, hoping against hope that she will accept it. As Medusa tilts her head skyward, he holds his breath, feeling his head swim with dizziness at the prospect of failing his siblings and not winning their freedom. When she turns her gaze back to him, the boy allows himself to breathe as she begins to speak.

Medusa tells him that she respects him for coming here and a small smile ticks at the corners of his lips. It felt good to be acknowledged, to have his efforts recognized while he is trying to do something that will help his family. As she promptly sits, Enki slowly follows suit, lowering his haunches as he comes to sit lightly on the ground. He listens to Medusa, allowing her the room to say her peace without interruption or ridicule. As she finishes her story, the boy nods absently as a saying floats lazily to the surface of his mind; “We are all villains in someone’s story”.

Finally, she accepts his offer and he feels his shoulders sag with relief as he gratefully nods to her. His eyebrows lift in surprise to hear that his father is here and wants to stay. Part of him feels betrayed but he shoves it away because part of him knows that some of his family may soon view him in the same light. Looking to Medusa, Enki says, “Thank you Medusa. I only want to add one term to this agreement. I will never ever raise a paw against my family. So, please, do not ask me to.” If she ever tasked to… well he will cross that bridge when he gets there.

There is something else he wants to tell her, “We all have our reasons for doing things and I certainly understand wanting to fight for you freedom. While I might not approve of everything that happened, I honestly understand your reasoning.” With that voiced, he stands, ready to follow Medusa into Insomnia land and toward whatever the next two years of his life brings.

"Enki Klein"