ardent

You Can Have It All, My Empire Of Dirt

Medusa

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
04-11-2023, 07:20 PM

She let her words sink into the boy. Waiting to see what he'd think. What he'd say. She didn't expect much if anything. She had laid out the bare minimum of her reasoning as to why she did what she did. Why they were here. Sure, she could just let them all go and leave it at that, but what was the fun in that? She didn't know if Recluse suffered from losing everything. Or if she suffered at all. Clearly, if Enki was here giving himself for his loved ones, it was more than she could say Recluse would ever do or had ever done. And for that, she respected him. And who knows, maybe she'd have a change of heart and let him go sooner rather than later, but she liked him. Maybe she'd just keep him. The thought alone pulled a small giggle from her lips, but alas, she was a woman of her word and wouldn't go back on it. Not without good enough reason, anyway.

“Thank you Medusa. I only want to add one term to this agreement. I will never ever raise a paw against my family. So, please, do not ask me to.” She raised a brow at him. While it was a noble request, Medusa wouldn't make any promises. "Medusa can't promise that. Some of Enki's family does not like Medusa for winning Habari. Medusa can fight her own fights, she has done it since she was a pup. She will protect herself and the wolves that follow Medusa. That includes Enki, and Medusa hopes Enki will do the same." After all, she had no control over whether or not his own family would see him as a traitor and go after him. Would she have to protect him then? If so, she would. But would he protect himself and fight against his own blood if she wasn't around? That was a matter up to him. Her pack, after all, while chaotic and disorderly, still had its own code. Insomnia was karma, and she'd be damned if she didn't extend that to those deserving of either her protection or her teeth. She got up as he did and turned to lead the way into the lands she owned, glancing back to look at him. "Even if it means Enki has to fight his own family."

The yearling seemed...sweet. Innocent. Too pure for this world. She doubted he had undergone much struggle or strife outside of becoming an Insomnian Curse. Recluse didn't deserve such a child. Such a shame his mother let things get this far. "Medusa will let Enki see it for himself. He'll understand one day." While she didn't have a family of her own outside of her children that she knew about, she heard stories from outside sources and had seen with her own eyes that family wasn't always loyal to one another. Wasn't always full of that unconditional love they were supposed to be. Wasn't always sunshine and rainbows. She had seen and heard about families turning on each other. Even to the point of killing those they claimed to love. For what reasons, she wasn't entirely sure. But she remembered when someone told her that family was often more than just those that shared the same blood.

She led him further through the plains, debating whether or not he should stay within the Tar Pits, or be allowed a chance to have some freedom within the plains. Maybe it was best to play it safe for now...even if he seemed genuine. "Enki will stay in the Tar Pits for now. Misery, Eraithus, and Viscera are there. Ghoul, Widow, Macabre, and Morte are in the plains. But because they were not well and Medusa has been taking care of them." She said casually as she trotted along.

speech
code by Cloudy; art by Cloudy

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c: