size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
04-25-2023, 02:46 PM

Artorias had little doubt that Mercury would take him up on his offer, especially with how zealous the other male was when it came to proving his abilities. In his eyes, Mercury had already proven himself ten times over again and again, but he would never chastise someone for striving to be better every day. His loyal Vanguard correctly assessed the stakes of their match, then slyly asked what he stood to lose in their wager. Artorias couldn’t help the laugh that burst from him, shooting Mercury a cheeky smirk in the process. "Besides my confidence and respect for you?" he remarked with a sarcastic teasing in his tone. "Your prize is what I stand to lose. Although I wouldn’t really consider it a loss if it goes to a good purpose. Tell you what, if you manage to not only beat me but also disarm me, we can negotiate what you’d like to take from me." A tall order, given that none had ever disarmed the Aegis in combat before. But if Mercury managed to be the first, Art could see rewarding the wily brute with whatever his heart desired.

And with those final words, the fight was on! Mercury lifted his weapon and took his invitation for the opening move, rushing him with a direct attack that was far too obvious for the likes of the cunning fighter. Artorias braced himself, keen senses and heightened sight watching the Ermís man’s movements and once he came within striking range, the Aegis deftly sidestepped the swing from his opponent’s sword, the sparring blade cutting harmlessly through the air at his side. By dodging instead of blocking, Artorias was able to notice Merc’s swipe for his leg. Artorias leaned his weight into the maneuver, letting Mercury sweep his paw so that the momentum carried him forward instead of tripping him up. The Aegis aimed to throw his weight forward with his shoulder to the other dire wolf’s chest, looking to push him back and put some space between them to more easily swing a sword. In the same motion, Art brought the blunted edge of his sword upwards in an uppercut aiming to hook the blade into the crossguard of Mercury’s weapon to either jerk the other male off balance or knock the weapon from his jaws.

Artorias vs Mercury for Spar
Round 1/3
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Damascus steel sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather cuirass
Companion 1: Common raven, Male - Flying - Boosted
Companion 2: Silver cross fox - Battle - Boosted
*Companion 3: Common raven, Female - Flying
Mutation 1: Stronger teeth and jaws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Thicker fur - Defensive
Mutation 3: Enhanced vision - Perception
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Navigator
Specialty: Knight or Fleet-footed

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.