An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
05-09-2023, 11:44 AM
When Talyssa interjected with a question about Ashen, questioning whether or not that was the Klein family, Briar nodded to confirm the suspicion. "It is indeed. The Klein family was more spread out than they are now. There were two other packs led by other members of their family not all that long ago, but they were disbanded or taken over in one way or another so as far as I know it's now just the original Ashen that remains." History and politics was not always pretty, as Talyssa was sure to discover quickly, so Briar wanted to share some of the failures along with the successes so that she had the full scope of how the world might operate around them. She wouldn't go into the sorted details of Chimera's illness that led to the fall of Fenmyre or the hostile take over of Habari, but it was still good information to mention.

As the details of her family continued on and she laid out the harsher tenants of her father's pack, Taly expressed how her grandfather would be disappointed in her lack of training in fighting, making Briar frown in response. She wanted to deny the possibility and reassure her that Sirius would love all of his grandchildren and be proud of them regardless, but it was hard for her to say that with certainty. It had never really been a question of if they were going to learn how to fight growing up, but more of a matter of when so it was hard to picture how he might react to the fact that it wasn't something that she and Artorias had decided to enforce in their own children. She wasn't sure if her father was still just as firm on the subject with her youngest siblings, but she doubted that had changed much. "I think he would be very impressed with your incredible mind, darling. I know I am," she assured her as her smile returned, leaning in to give Talyssa a kiss on the forehead.

Briar chuckled softly as her ever curious daughter questioned whether or not they could go visit Armada one day, clearly not hindered at all by the information she was given about the Fatalis family. "Of course! I've been meaning to take you all for another visit for ages, but it's just been difficult to find the time to cart five troublemaking pups up to the other end Boreas," she joked with a grin. "But we'll make the time very soon. I'm sure they would love to see all of you. We could go visit your Uncle Kotori's pack as well, if you'd like. Valta isn't nearly as long of a trip as the Armada is."

"Briar Carpathius"