ardent

Need You Now

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
10-26-2013, 01:01 PM

After what felt like an eternity but was certainly only a few minutes, Dragon would arrive and settle himself a comfortable distance away. The King dipped his head to him, ?yes I did, ser.? He paused, wondering how best to voice his concern and his request. ?I have a favor to ask of you.? Of course there was the chance that Dragon would not want more responsibility, in which case Maverick would seek help elsewhere. ?As you may know, I have loaned three warriors to Valhalla to service them in the siege. One of these knights was our Grand Duke, Pontifex.? Perhaps it was a mistake to send off his most trusted warrior, but that was a mistake he couldn't fix now. ?I am in need of a man to fill the position, as I fear Seracia may be in jeopardy with few warriors and extra wolves to protect.? It was a very real fear, and something he hoped would be dissolved upon the promotion of Dragon - if he accepted. ?Should you accept it, I would like to give you the rank of Grand Duke for a temporary period of time. I know not how long this siege may last, or if any of our warriors will safely return to us - so I cannot give you a time period unfortunately.? A sigh left his lips as he gazed into the red eyes of Dragon. ?Seracia needs you, ser.?

?speak,?