gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
05-14-2023, 08:21 PM
After she bumped him in her accent of humor, he responded with on of his own- but with more tension. She didn’t offer any resistance, allowing the force transfer to shift her sideways in the water. She used her paws to balance herself as she settled a half-stride away from where she had been.

When he asked who she was from, her immediate response was a shrug. The girl thought a moment, before relaying her answer. “Occultists … Druids … Gypsies … Harlots with cause…” The last one eliciting a chuckle to herself, though she was quick to continue. “They have different names depending on who you ask.” Aurelia explained, nonchalant in the way she finished. It was easier to offer him layman’s terms, than attempt to explain in sincerity the nature of the coven she had left- or had been kicked out of rather. Reciting misinterpretations just so happened to be the easiest for an outsider to digest- though it entered her mind that perhaps he was looking for a family name. She’d offer it to him, confident that he wouldn’t gain anything from the knowledge, as she knew of very few of her own blood relatives herself. “My surname is Veratti, but it was my mother’s first. Like the rest of them, the man that sired me wasn’t kept around for very long.” Aurelia added with a smirk. She was aware that a family name generally came from an individual’s father. But she wanted to use this as an instance to provide a peak into where her disinterest stemmed from.

After a few moments of hesitance, she shrugged. “But none of it is important now.” Aurelia finished glancing towards the moon a moment before realigning her attention to Sephiran with that playful smirk plastered over her features. “Are you going to tell me about how historically egotistical your family is? Or are you the way you are because you have daddy issues too?” In the beginning she was able to maintain a straight face, but it quickly broke into a poor attempt at stifled laughter as she wrapped up her inquiry.

"Aurelia Veratti"