gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
05-15-2023, 12:01 AM
The way he echoed her initial explanation, it sounded like an observation- a statement of facts as he calculated outcomes in the back of his mind. It made her feel like a pawn, being weighed and measured into a scheme she had no control over. In that moment, her gaze drifted to the empty space just beyond him as she began to silently sort her options. “Yep, you got that right … I belong to no one.” Aurelia said softly, echoing his own words as he had said them, glossing over the intention that had likely been foreshadowed.

As his laughter broke the space between them, she couldn’t help the flick of her ears. He questioned her label of egotistical as if it had been misplaced. Though, his next sentiment just further ensured her that her assessment had been an accurate one. After he implied that she had been forsaken, Aurelia was quick to snap back. “You know nothing of my gods.” She asserted, meeting his sneering features with a hardened gaze of her own- though it immediately softened. “But I won’t hold that against you.” She finished with a playful wink. It was an act. In reality, she was growing bored, and it would simply be a matter of time until she made her grand exit. Now, it was just a waiting game for the right moment unless things took an interesting turn.

"Aurelia Veratti"