size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
05-19-2023, 03:35 PM

Just as her initial apology came to a conclusion, they eventually slowed to a stop- forgetting the patrol for a moment as they dealt with such a heavy topic. As each step had become heavier with the crest of emotion, she was subconsciously thankful- but it was her father’s embrace that brought her the most comfort. She immediately surrendered, allowing herself to be gathered up and reassured, taking solace in the gentle tone of his voice that resonated deep within her own heart and soul. After she had a moment to recover herself, she couldn’t help but perk up ever so slightly as Artorias began his own insight.

The problem was, she didn’t realize she was in danger from Sephiran until she realized he wasn’t going to allow her to walk away without contest. Things had happened so quickly after they had been ascended upon by the coyotes … he had made himself seem like he wanted to help her- fighting off the other predators and offering to help clean the wound she had sustained. Perhaps it was the adrenaline that had clouded her judgment? Maybe he was just good at making himself seem like he wasn’t a bad guy? Or maybe it was her, not wanting to acknowledge that someone could possibly be a threat. That was something that would have to change, and as her father described the lesson that she learned yesterday, she offered him a nod in acknowledgement- pulling back a bit to ensure he could see the sincerity in her features as she absorbed everything he said. When he issued the decree that she wouldn’t be allowed to interact with Sephiran ever again, she would immediately echo her response. “Yes, Tati, I understand.” If she had anything to do with it, she never wanted to see the purple brute ever again. But the problem was, there were probably more Sephiran Saxes in the world- which seemed to be the train of thought that her father was pursuing as well. “I will, I promise.” Talyssa answered earnestly, hoping that he believed her.

Though as he continued to advise her to run, her mind drifted to the beginning of the whole ordeal. She had been running. And she had ran right into a trap. “Do you think … maybe one day, you could show me things I can do to better defend myself? I know how to run- but what if I couldn’t?” She felt a little embarrassed to ask, especially how blatantly disinterested in fighting she had always been … and how involved her siblings had been in their own pursuit for training. But with the events that had occurred yesterday, interested or not, she could see the value in being better prepared. And while she had a good understanding of where to start … her practical application was significantly lacking. “Yesterday, I didn’t see the first coyote coming. It ambushed me, and before I could get back up going again, the others were already there.” She finished, thinking back to the previous day as a perfect example of how running might not have immediately been an option. Of course, Sephiran had been there as well- and he had done most of the fighting, but she hadn’t completely evaded the encounter herself.

"Talyssa Carpathius"