gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-20-2023, 07:49 PM
Well, his greeting was not met with an immediate charge and snapping of jaws, so this was a win in Dunstan's eyes. The smile is an added bonus, as he sees it as more of a sign that he is not about to be attacked, and so he allows himself another moment to assess the stranger, who seems to be about his size. It's a bit of a comfort, as Dunstan knows a much larger opponent can be much more dangerous.

At last, he realizes that he himself can be seen as a danger. Perhaps that is why the other is stuttering? He hasn't meant to make anybody uncomfortable, well, not any wolf, anyways. He's certain the few geese that he's caught have found him to be the type of wolf to avoid, but then again, they were dinner and not worth thinking about now, except as a reminder that Dunstan is once again hungry. The sight of beaver dams had given him hope.

"Dunstan." he introduced himself, and then nodded, "I am. I, um, apologize if I'm intruding"

He has never really understood the purpose of territory, but now he wonders if he is being rude. Trespassing? He hopes not. Leaving a bad first impression is something he never wants to do.