gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
05-21-2023, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2023, 04:01 PM by Talyssa. Edited 1 time in total.)

While she hashed out her thoughts aloud, she was vaguely aware of Meadow tending the greenhouse in the background. Of course, Talyssa wasn’t about to stare the other girl down- not wanting to make her even more uncomfortable than she probably already was .. but she couldn’t help the desire to watch her flutter around from planter to planter. She hoped that she wasn’t irritating her cousin by talking. Though when she finally did meet Meadow’s sterling gaze, paired with a subtle head tilt, it seemed like cousin was encouraging her to continue. So, she’d happily oblige. “Like Yarrow for instance.” Talyssa began, gesturing to the planter she stood in front of. “I like it because it’s pretty, but Aunt Gwyn says it’s really useful too. She says it's good to fight infection, help wounds heal, reduce swelling.” She explained, hesitating a moment before another fact popped into her mind. “It can even help settle an upset tummy.” Talyssa was by no means a healer, but she did like to know as much as she could. It was easy to memorize what Yarrow did because it was so starkly different than the other herbs in the garden. There was no mistaking it for something else.

With a panning glance around the greenhouse, her attention immediately went back to the purple stalks of lavender that she had first stopped at upon arriving in the interior garden. “I think I love Lavender the most, though.” Talyssa declared, as she quickly returned to the planter where it was housed. “I like to sleep with it when I can, especially when I have a headache. It helps me center myself- calms my nerves- makes things more … peaceful I guess.” Trying to describe its effects was a bit more difficult since it influenced more of a calming state than a healing one. But while thinking of her nighttime routine, she immediately thought of another favorite. Casting a glance in Meadow’s direction, she offered a gentle grin. “And if you pair it with a nice chamomile tea right before bed, it will melt your stress away.” Talyssa finished dreamily … not that she had much to be stressed about. But it was still very relaxing nonetheless.

"Talyssa Carpathius"