size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
05-22-2023, 09:54 AM

Clearly, a request for self-defense lessons hadn’t been anywhere on her father’s radar. Rightly so, as she had never expressed interest in anything more than just the basics before. Though, it still didn’t make her any less self-conscious about her inquiry. She offered him a softened grin as he put his thoughts together on the matter. His immediate response was one of acceptance, though the affectionate touch at her cheek felt a little more apprehensive than what his words conveyed. As he went on to express that he didn’t want things to change, that he didn’t want her to feel like she had to be like her siblings to be safe, she couldn’t help but wilt a little. It almost made her feel a little guilty for wanting to pursue a more proactive approach. “I promise, Tati. She echoed once again. She couldn’t help but look away for a moment before trying to piece things together for herself. “I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to fight, I just-” She hesitated, struggling to make the decision if she should try and justify herself or not. In the end, she felt like she needed to. With a light sigh, she returned her attention to her sire. “What if you or Mami, or Thorn, or Kea, or Dusk, or Brammy, or anybody else aren’t around?” Talyssa went on. “This is home. I love it here, and I’ll always come back to it … but I want to see the world, Tati. I know you say you’ll always be there when I need you, and I don’t doubt that- not for a second … but there may come a time when I’m further away than the neighboring territory …” She trailed off, searching his face for any indication as to what he might be thinking in that moment. After a brief pause, she once again offered him that gentle grin that perhaps was a mirror of his own. “The world won’t take anything from me if I don’t allow it. I just need to spend a little more time learning how … I want to be prepared.” She finished, hoping that her father understood where she was coming from and why she felt the way she did.

When he finally released her, she moved at once to right herself while lightly rubbing the back of one of her paws across her eyes to clear anything that might have lingered. After the moment she took to compose herself, she followed her father’s lead- uncertain of what was the proper route, and where they were actually going. When the plains began to open up into the ocean, they slowed to a stop once again, acknowledging her sire’s intention to settle. Though, this time, she chose to continue standing- leaning into the breeze as it rolled off the water and up the incline to where they were situated.

She hadn’t expected the questions she was presented with next, and honestly, she hadn’t given it much thought. After a somewhat extended pause, she finally turned to face the Aegis, clearing her throat to speak. “I think he wanted to hurt me since he seemed to like to see others suffer.” She answered lowly, thinking back to the fox he mutilated on the beach. He obviously hadn’t attacked her like that in either encounter, but maybe he was going to? “But … he didn’t truly scare me until right before you got there. I said I needed to leave and was starting to walk away, but he blocked my path. I was going to run, then … or jump into the river if I had to. But then you and Momma came.” She explained, trying to describe the events that led up to the scene that her parents had discovered upon their arrival.

"Talyssa Carpathius"