size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-22-2023, 02:46 PM

Talyssa visibly shrunk inwards when Artorias tried to reassure her that she didn’t need to change herself for the world and it struck the father right in the heart. As much as he hated to admit it, he knew his daughter was 100% right. There would come a time when she would be on her own, traveling the world, visiting other packs, following her heart and exploring her passions. And no matter how much he wished it weren’t so, Artorias knew the world was not a pure and kind place all of the time. He would not always be able to protect her from everything. ”You can’t save the world, Art.” He grimaced inwardly as his sister’s far too accurate words from the past came back to haunt him once more. After a moment of thought more, the dire brute breathed a long sigh and nodded his head. "You’re right, Talyssa. Îmi pare rău. As much as I would wish to, I need to let you live your own life. One day you’ll be a grown wolfess, following your dreams, seeing the world for yourself. You deserve the ability to do so safely and to be able to look out for yourself." Art looked down to his daughter, realizing just how much she had grown already. His little girl, almost a yearling, was so much more mature than her age would reveal. "I will teach you everything you want to know about how to protect yourself. You have a right to have the means to keep yourself alive and safe. I’m sure your siblings would love to spar with you for practice too. We’ll make sure you’re prepared for anything."

To his questions about Sephiran’s intentions, Talyssa took a moment to consider, then answered in the broad strokes Artorias more or less expected from his innocent daughter. She knew he wanted to hurt her and was going to attack her if she tried to leave, she had picked up on that just before his intervention. Hearing that she had been prepared to dive into the river to escape brought a small amused smirk to the proud father’s lips. That was his smart girl, looking for avenues of escape like he’d told her to. "You are right, Sephiran did intend to hurt you in a very specific way. He was trying to force you into mating with him, Talyssa. It's something adults do with one another, and should only be done when it's consensual between both wolves, never by force or coercion. The way he looked at you, the way he touched you and tried to force himself on you, those are ways no brute should ever act towards a fae, and doubly so for a yearling to be acting towards a pup," her sire explained to her, trying his best to be tactful with his wording. "If any wolf ever touches you, looks at you, or says or does anything that makes you feel uncomfortable like that, you treat them as a threat and get away from them. When you're older—much older—and your body and mind have finished maturing, then you can explore that part of life. Until then, no one has any business trying to do anything to you that feels wrong." For all the challenges the Aegis had faced in his life, this one felt like the hardest. No doubt he was feeling as awkward as Talyssa likely was as this conversation continued, so he wouldn't linger on the issue unless she had further questions for him. He just needed to make sure his daughter understood the danger, the implications, and what was and was not appropriate or allowed for a pup and a yearling.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.