gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
10-25-2013, 11:48 AM

Alena stared numbly at the spot where Nako had been standing moments before. Nothing made sense. Why would Bane do such a thing? Injure and steal one of his own pups? Her pup? Didn't he have his own mate now? Why couldn't he leave her be? All she wanted was to raise her pups in peace and it seemed like everyone wanted to prevent her from doing that. Alena barely registered the words that Dempsey spoke to her, only catching that Bane had said that he would have killed Nako if they had intervened.

Her violet eyes gleamed with tears and they rolled down into the fur on her cheeks, unable to take her eyes off the blood trail that speckled the snow off into the forest. That was Nako's blood. Her pup's blood. She felt like a failure. She had failed to protect her pack and now her family. What was she good for now?

Stinging pain jerked her attention back to the present and she turned to see Dempsey licking at the re-opened wound, the pain slowly giving way to the soothing rasps of his tongue. Then he surprised her again by wrapping his neck around her and holding her tight, the simple actions making the defeated assassin feel not quite so alone. She pressed her face into the fur on his shoulder and let herself feel some sort of comfort from his presence.

Dempsey was right. Her pups needed her... The four of them that she had left. She took a deep breath, steadying herself the best she could. Alena lifted her head from his shoulder so her violet eyes could find his platinum one as she spoke, her voice much more soft and weak that she wished it could be. She wanted to be strong, but it was so hard. "Thank you, for watching after the pups while I was gone, Dempsey... and for watching after me. It... it means a lot." She gave him a sad smile and gently licked his cheek before looking over his shoulder at the den where her pups sat waiting for her.

"When I'm finally healed and they're old enough to watch after themselves, I'm going to go looking for Nako and Bane... I hope Bane has a good excuse for himself. This is unforgivable. He should have known better than to mess with an..." She stopped herself, her eyes flicking back to Dempsey. She had kept her past a secret thus far, but after all he had done for her surely he deserved to know the truth. I haven't been completely honest with you... I'm an assassin. Or, well, I was. I haven't been a part of that life for quite a while, but it's kind of one of those things where you can take the girl out of the job but you can never take the job out of the girl. Ever since my pups came into my life... I don't know I just feel changed. Everything is different now. I still catch myself looking around every corner and walking silently everywhere I go for no reason... Little things like that." She watched him for his reaction, hoping that his opinion of her wouldn't change too much. She would never apologize for her past, would never feel guilt, but she did feel bad for lying to the one wolf that had been loyal to her through all of this.

Speech
Thought
Others