size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
05-28-2023, 10:23 PM

Juniper mixed with the other scents that lived here. Lavender predominant among them, sage too. There's so much honey tucked away in different jars and pots, it's impossible for the home to not smell of it. Herbal without being medicinal, Halo was terribly pleased with herself and with her home. Lived in, in the best way. It's a comfortable affair, the whole thing.

Between the healer and her companion, they make quick work of it. Small jars at first, and then a few larger ones for her own stores. As she gets to the bottom of the pail, she's a bit surprised. Though she was out of jars, there was still a reasonable amount left in the bottom. She considered for a moment before remembering that she'd taken up some of her precious jars for honey storage too. That was alright, it would leave some for them to enjoy. "Think that's enough work done for today?" Halo smiled softly to Mort, grabbing two clean tea cups from the cupboard and pouring a portion of the gin for each of them. There was still more than enough in the pail.

"I haven't tried this batch yet. I thought about distilling it with some lavender, but I was worried it would taste like soap." Halo smiled softly, pulling a jar of honey lavender syrup from her pantry. "I think we'd probably benefit from a healer's shed, or storage of some sort beyond the shelving in here. It would probably be more organized that way," she admits sheepishly. Halo goes out of her way to not ask for much, always worried she'll be a bigger drain on pack resources than she should be.

"That's how things were, before here. Before the Armada. We only kept what we could carry, and what wouldn't slow us down. That's probably why I'm like this now," there's something far away in her gaze for a moment. There's never fondness, on the rare occasions she speaks of her before. Still, a rueful smile curses her lips, thinking about why she is the way she is. Nature was brutal. Her before was brutal. Maybe her radical softness is more intentional than anyone is allowed to know. "It's your home now, too. It will speak of both of our lives." Halo speaks it, her words soft but weighted. Spoken like the law.

"Speech"

[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]