gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Dunstan listens thoughtfully. Unfamiliar with the name of the Hallows but recognizing it must be a pack helps him put things into context, though he was almost certain that castles were made up before she spoke the word. For a second, he glances at her, wondering if she is making fun of him, that the castles are a joke. However, she seems serious enough, and kind.

"Interesting." he says, simply at the description of The Hallows pack and loner. Trusting others to grab and hunt food not only for themselves, but for others as well? It sounds nice, but Dunstan's only experience with someone hunting food for him was with his mother. He finds himself looking into her eye, and then quickly looking away in case he upsets her.

He hesitates, not because she does not seem kind but because he worries about seeming overeager. Food sounds good, but at the same time he cannot bring himself to trust someone to bring him somewhere enclosed, where it sounds like there are many. Not at the moment, when they have only just met and he knows no one else in the pack.

"I...I cannot." Dunstan finally answers, hoping that his own distrust does not offend too much. As genuine as it seems, he is too wary right now. "Though I am grateful for your generosity, I would not want to...er, infringe too much."

He pauses. "Perhaps another time? If it makes you feel better about my hunger, we could hunt one of the beavers that clearly lives here?"