An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
06-01-2023, 08:56 AM

Exploring these tunnels was a fine way to pass some time. Kiela wouldn't stay here for long though. Something about being somewhere that was constricted on all sides felt unnatural to her, even more so as they went deeper in - the lack of sky above was slightly unnerving. The conversation distracted her from that though, and she couldn't help but be intrigued by running into one of Víðarr's companions.

"I will be," she answered her, though paused for a long while afterwards. She knew some wolves tended to follow blindly, for reasons that were none of her business, but she wasn't like that. Kiela felt a strange need to assert that her loyalty to Víðarr was not unconditional, that her own autonomy would always come first, but she knew that was just a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that she'd agreed to anything but a purely nomadic life at all. In reality, she knew traveling alongside Víðarr and his followers would not be impinging on her freedom, and if it did she'd simply part ways with them. But still, it was a change, and change like this was unusual for the Jarvela woman.

"I am used to being on my own, so being around others - again - will be an adjustment for me," she explained instead, finally.  "But I am excited to get to know the others, as well." That wasn't untrue, though her wariness seemed to overshadow the eagerness she felt.  "Have you  known Víðarr long?"