size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-04-2023, 04:30 PM

Despite the grin that Scylla offered her and the welcoming gesture of her paw, Avacyn could feel the dislike toward her that seemed like it was barely masked by the alcohol that was already in the smaller woman's system. Ava could already tell that this was likely a poor choice, but she forged ahead anyway, stepping onto the fur-padded platform and settling down onto the opposite side from where Scylla was laying. "Thanks," she replied simply as she laid down on her stomach and settled in to get comfortable, slightly avoiding Scylla's gaze as she pulled the bottle of wine free from her bag and began to pull the cork loose from the neck of the bottle. It was most certainly a recipe for disaster, but it was also unavoidable. At least as long as they lived in the same pack–and under her leadership no less–they would eventually have to interact in one way or another so perhaps it was better if they get it over with sooner rather than later.

Avacyn took a long drink from her bottle, the slightly bitter, slightly sweet wine making her face scrunch a bit as she put the bottle back down. She drank so rarely that even a wine that wasn't incredibly strong still made her feel a little burn in her throat that took her a few moments to adjust to. Still, as they remained in silence and drank in the deepening darkness with the moon and firefly light around them, the wine slowly became easier to drink as the warmth and tingling she felt started to seep from her core and down her limbs. She relaxed a bit even though she still kept her attention mostly forward toward the water in front of them, the sound of the lake lapping against the rocky shore the only thing breaking the silence.

It wasn't until she was feeling fairly tipsy that the ever present looping anxiety of her thoughts finally worked their way past her lips and even then the words were fairly hesitant. It almost felt like she could hear herself saying them even though she immediately regretted it. "I didn't want to break up with him," she admitted, making a quick glance at Scylla before she looked forward again. "I did care about him a lot. I... I still do." Her ears flicked uncertainly, having no idea how this was going to go or really what she was even trying to say. But she desperately felt like she needed to get it off of her chest and she knew that she couldn't admit any of this to Saracyn and saying it to Albion was surely just going to make it worse. "But that's why I had to break off the engagement. I loved Albion and Saracyn in different ways and I wanted to be with them both, but it never would have worked. Albion deserves far better and much more than I can give him." Surely that was at least something that the two of them could agree on.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Just a little wine Firefly Lake 03:45 PM, 05-23-2023 11:10 AM, 03-19-2024