size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
06-12-2023, 10:57 PM

The battle was hard fought, with neither wolf backing down or relenting to the other. The cataclysmic clashing of steel blades locked together deafened the dojo, echoing around the room like a symphony to an epic final showdown. Artorias held Mercury's storm blue eyes, fire and ice smoldering into one another as ferociously as the wolves that possessed them. The two dires struggled and fought against one another's strength, Artorias focusing on holding his form steady and stable as he pushed all of his might forward. Mercury tried to advance, shoving him back—only for that force to slip as his Vanguard did, losing his footing just enough for the Aegis to gain the upper hand. Artorias didn't hesitate. He shoved forward, sliding his sword down the length of Mercury's blade with a sharp scraping of steel until the sword caught into the crossguard near the other brute's mouth, and with a swift flourish and thrust, the sword was thrown from Merc's jaws.

Artorias ended the spar by bringing his sword quickly back until the edge of the dulled training sword was up against Mercury's throat, a checkmate solidified and his victory secured. The Aegis was breathing heavier in the aftermath of the fight, blood pumping hot in his veins with adrenaline fueling every nerve and synapse in his body. Artorias never felt quite as alive as he did during and after the heat of battle, and that spar with Mercury had been one of the best fights he'd had in some time! Once Merc surrendered with a laugh, Art took his sword away from his friend, laughing like a giddy pup that had won a game of wrestle and sheathed his sword as well. "Thank you, my friend. But don't sell yourself short. I haven't had a fight that good in a long time!" he remarked with an easy grin to the other man, clapping a giant sapphire paw of his own to Merc's shoulder. "You were very close to besting me today. With a little more training with a blade, you'll be disarming me in your sleep!"

After a moment of prolonged eye contact, Art glanced down to the swords at their paws and motioned for Mercury to collect his weapon. "Gather up your sword and come with me," he said, moving to rise to his paws to lead the way back towards the armory so they could stow their equipment—and so he could have a chat with his close friend. "Are you still happy being a Hallowed wolf, Merc? I care very much about all my wolves—some especially so—so I want to hear it from you, to be sure I'm doing right by you." Fiery amber eyes looked over to Merc, listening intently to his Vanguard's answer while the two made their way across the castle.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.