size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual1KValentines 2020
06-22-2023, 03:29 PM

He'd fucked up, he knew that. He hadn't realized just how much exactly he'd fucked up though, and it was about to slap him across his face. The "No!" sent a spike of ice through him and he stopped, his whole body stiff for a moment before he took a deep breath, the awkwardness had not left him but he tried to keep himself from becoming to rigid, too stiff. He deserved whatever volley his daughter was about to launch his way and he didn't want to be defensive about it. He met her gaze, taking in her anger, all he gave her in return was his own pain, sadness and guilt. He'd done this to her. He didn't even try to defend himself, try to rebuff her he just stood there his guilt growing with each barb. Finally she flung a question at him and he sighed, a deep pained sound.

You were never the problem.” His voice was soft and his gaze slid down for a moment the shame flooding through him. I was. I was dealing with so much, and doing it poorly, I'd always wanted to shield you from it, to protect you from the doubt and insecurity I've struggled with my whole life but clearly that backfired.” He met her gaze again, it was a truth, part of why he'd been so distant was that he hadn't felt stable in so long, drifting further and further away from any sign of the life he'd once thought he'd had and it had been enough to make him nearly panic, for all the work he'd done on himself and the way he presented himself the truth was he still feared that he was never enough and it had come all crashing down on him all over again when Asla had decided to take the kids, like he'd already been a failure as a father, like she was saying that by giving him no choice in the matter... But he wasn't here to poison any wells and he had no intentions of rehashing feelings now long dead. He'd fucked up his relationship with Asla too but they were once more on good terms. ”I have no intentions of pushing myself on you, you're a woman grown,” he smiled softly at that, ”and I respect that you're life is within your control, and the last thing I want to do is make you uncomfortable.” There it was he was laying his intentions out clearly, he wouldn't engage with her unless she desired. ”But you're right, none of what I did was okay, I am sorry.” For hurting her, for abandoning her, for making her think she was anything but perfect. ”Nothing was ever your fault. I wasn't capable of dealing with my issues like an adult and you suffered for it and that wasn't fair to you. I don't expect your forgiveness but for whatever it is worth: I am sorry.” He dropped his gaze then, head lowering as he did. Honestly right now if she asked him to leave he would, he'd explain to Asla and try to find somewhere else he could rest and hide out. It wasn't like he expected to have much luck but his priority right now was making sure he did everything in his power to not hurt Satira again.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

[Image: Gdfwv08.png]
Mo's daughter Satira is free to cash his threads as she sees fit.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A long time coming Sunset Falls 10:28 AM, 06-05-2023 05:03 AM, 04-23-2024