gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Poser
07-01-2023, 10:21 PM

He speaks like an old man... perhaps, because he is. Looking at the man where he stands before her, Asteria couldn't venture that he was all that much older than she was. The idea that every day they were one day closer to the end wasn't something that phased her much. She'd come into this world quietly, without fanfare. Asteria had an inclination that she would leave it in much the same way. Only her mother knew that she'd come. It was unlikely that anyone would know that she'd gone. It was probably better that way. Asteria would tell herself that much, anyway. Whatever helped her cope.

"I've seen so many of them in so many places. The ones out here are some of the nicest." It was a gentle remark, her gaze still careful and steady on the stranger. Asteria was road-weary. She couldn't help but be on high alert. You're safe, he says. For once, the star-soaked creature is inclined to believe him. It was rare for her to take strangers at their word, but then, was he a stranger? He'd given his name, after all. Cloudburst.

Her gaze flickers from her companion, back to the buffalo. "I'm Asteria." She speaks softly, a light musicality to each sound as it falls past her lips. Before them, the herd was bunching together, moving like a slow wave through the sea of tall grass. "What makes you think it will be a good night?" Asteria's gaze remained on the plains before them, her question soft. It was a curious one, not a challenge on her part. Simply probing for his thoughts where she rested, settled in the soft grass on the knoll.

"Talk"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. my third wish Buffalo Knolls 02:40 AM, 04-28-2023 08:07 AM, 11-28-2023