size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-10-2023, 07:31 AM
they are so fixated on that singular point in the distance, the point in which Mother’s speck truly disappeared from view, that this new voice nearly scares them clean out of their skin. they startle violently as a woman’s voice sounds nearby, drawing their eyes from the horizon for the first time in hours. a headache pounds against their temples, and Araneae screws their face up against the pain. “i’m fine,” they gasp out, bottom lip trembling in a terrified pout. they try desperately to wrangle their features under control, to not show fear in the face of this stranger.

i need you to be brave. you can be brave, can’t you?

”Mama just…went away for a little while.”their little voice chokes off on the final word, as if their very voice rebels against the idea of it. Mother, gone. ”she told me to stay here.” oh gods, the tears are coming, spilling in earnest now - and it’s all they can do to bow their head and hide their weakness. “i-i don’t t-think she’s coming back.” it’s a hiccuping wail, bringing with it the bitter pangs of shame - and deep down, Araneae knows it’s their one final disappointment as their Mother’s child.

sorry, Mama - but i’m not brave.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. goodbye Redbud Nook 08:00 AM, 07-09-2023 05:57 PM, 09-22-2023