Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
07-15-2023, 11:14 AM

Catching sight of Dread’s greeting Charlie would return the smile with one of his own. It was nice to see Dread, he felt like he hadn’t been able to see enough of his brother as they were growing up. They were a large litter and it seemed that all of them had found variations on the path they wanted to walk in life. But that was okay! They were still family, and a family that would stick together no matter what. As the slightly older Armadan would start their lesson, Charlie would allow his bright blue gaze to flick back to her. A lesson for fighting, but one that wasn’t about physically sparring your opponent. This lesson would instead focus on analyzing past fights while thinking about what you could do differently.

Charlie frowned. He… really didn’t want to admit that he didn’t have a ton of experience in actual spars or fighting predators. But surely even he had something he could mention. He furrowed his brow, thinking about his training with Yorrick. “Truthfully, my recent spars have been a mess, and a lot of trial and error. I’ve been practicing with my companion Yorrick, a fisher, and as a smaller and more agile opponent, I have been struggling on reading him and landing attacks. On the plus side, I’ve noticed I’ve become far more conscientious about my defenses in battle, particularly the last spar we had. While I may have trouble getting a hold of him, he was unable to grab ahold of any of my vital areas either.” Charlie shook his head.

“But… I also worry I might hyper focus on the main opponent that I’m facing, and I’m not really sure how to best approach potentially taking on more than one threat at once.” Which could potentially be a bad thing. Typically spars were against one foe, but even fighting other predators there could be more than one combatant. And what if you had an ally helping you? How did you figure out how to best work with them?

"Speech," 'Thought.'