size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-17-2023, 08:47 AM
there’s something wise about Hazel, something steady that immediately draws their attention. as she speaks, the child angles their head up and blinks wide, guileless eyes, trying to absorb every word. the world is yours now. it is a baffling concept. nothing has ever been wholly theirs, and the idea of having something of their own is almost…exhilarating. it is for this reason that they think over the woman’s question with such care, little brow crinkling as they turn each word over in their mind. what did they want? they flick idly through a hundred possibilities: they wanted friends to play with; they wanted a warm bed; they wanted to find Mother and ask her why. but maybe, ultimately…

“i want strength,” Araneae whispers, so soft they aren’t entirely certain their voice has carried. they frown down at their feet, something hot and prickly working it’s way beneath their pelt. it feels like shame. “i wanna be strong, so that next time…i can take care of myself.” they won’t sit helplessly on their own, waiting for someone to find them. next time they’re left behind, it won’t matter - because they’ll be just like Hazel, big and strong and ready to take on the world.

a loud growl interrupts, and Aranae flushes as their stomach continues emitting low, unhappy gurgles. “but i think i’d settle for a meal right now,” they confide, gazing up at Hazel, equally sheepish and hopeful.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. goodbye Redbud Nook 08:00 AM, 07-09-2023 05:57 PM, 09-22-2023