size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
07-20-2023, 02:13 AM
There he was, and there was the creature he protected. Halo's eyes went wide for a moment, taking in the little bear. While the soft woman was well aware the type of danger these bears presented, she also ached for the poor thing. It was injured, fairly badly injured at that. Terribly small and rather weak, there was no way they could leave it out here. Too small to cause harm, and in rough shape. "We can help it, little love."

Carefully, she moves to take the cub in her gentle grasp. "This is a baby polar bear." Halo explained quietly, pouring a shallow dish of clean water and offering it to the creature to drink. "I need you to stand back from their mouth, okay? Come stand on the other side of me." She spoke calmly, gently to her son. "When someone is hurt, be it a wolf or another animal, they may be scared and try to bite to protect themselves. That doesn't mean they're mean, or they want to hurt us, it's just really overwhelming to feel so bad." Halo's tone remained gentle, not wanting to alarm both Wylan and the cub.

Weakly, the bear lapped at the water. That was a good sign, at least. "I'm going to roll our friend over so I can sort out where the blood is coming from." Halo explained, rolling the cub over as gently as possible. Weakly, the creature resisted. That, too, was a good sign. The bear was resisting being placed in a vulnerable position, which meant there was still a spark. The damage was extensive, and it appeared the cub had been attacked. By who, by what, Halo couldn't say. A mix of dry, crusted blood and fresh red colored the poor thing's coat. Halo whistled for her companion, the little raccoon turning up within moments.

"We're going to wrap our friend up nice and tight, which will help stop the bleeding for now. Then we're going to bring him home where I can make sure things are nice and safe so we can clean and treat these wounds." Halo spoke softly to Wylan, already starting to wrap the cub's midsection in a thin piece of scrap hide from her bag. Mr. Raccoon was there to help control the wiggling, remaining firm. As she lifted the little bear, Halo was surprised at how light it was. Once more, her heart squeezed. "Ready?" She checked in with the boy before heading off.

"Halo"
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]