ardent

stay out of my garden!!

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
07-20-2023, 09:02 AM

Her butt wiggled in the air as her elbows dug into the dirt beneath her. There was nothing but focus on her face as her dark lavender eyes scanned her surroundings. Encircled by tall and twisting trees, there weren't many places to go. Laid out before her was her mother's garden which was slowly being prepared for the oncoming winter. She wasn't exactly sure what winter was, but by the sounds of it, it didn't sound fun. Still, the matter was that her mother had told her the importance of having the garden safe from predators so that their food would last until spring. None of it really made sense to Ursa yet, but she didn't want to let her mother down. Nope! She would help protect the garden and already she wasn't doing well!

When they had been allowed out that morning, there were obvious signs of a critter eating at the tops of the plants. Having a midnight snack on their precious food resources! Thinking about it made her tummy rumble. Oh, a snack did sound good right about now. Maybe she could take a break... No! She had to get down to the bottom of it! That was why she was in a play bow with her body facing away from the garden and pointed in the direction of some tracks. Two small and two large trailed away from the garden and past the rope into the dark shadows of the woods. She wasn't allowed to go out there alone but the scent was growing faint...

Glancing over her shoulder, Ursa hesitated. A soft whine hums between her lips as she scoots forward a foot or so. Away from the garden and toward the rope fence that defines their safe area. I wanna help Mama and the garden but... Her ears flick back as she lets out another whine. Maybe if I wait here long enough, the culprit will come back! Ursa's tail waves softly in the air as she looks from over her shoulder back to the shadows of the forest. Yes, maybe if she waited long enough... Maybe this animal or animals would come back and she could catch them!

URSA FATALIS

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. stay out of my garden!! Mile-High Woods 09:02 AM, 07-20-2023 10:15 AM, 10-26-2023