ardent

better with you

Eris

gems
size
build
player
10-27-2013, 10:45 PM

Her feelings about letting Isardis breed her were mixed. While she did not hate the life that brewed inside her, she couldn't say that she welcomed it with open paws. She would love her pups, whichever ones that she would have, and she would die to defend them if she had too. The words that Seraphim spoke cut to her heart, 'I know.' Funny how two little words brought her nearly to tears, nearly to her knees. Who was he and what was this power he seemed to hold over her.

'Eris, would you leave Glaciem?'

Her heart stopped.

He was close now, closer than he had ever been to her. His scent was over-powering, he smelled good, almost like coming home after a long hunt. His words though were words nearly of insanity. No one just left, Glaciem, and anyone who placed their loyalty there knew that. No one walked away. She knew what happened to wolves who simply tried to leave, it wasn't pretty. And the tensions between Taurig and his father, she couldn't add to that? Could she?

"Seraphim..." She breathed. He didn't know what he was suggesting, what he was saying that she should do. He didn't realize the ramifications. His following words warmed her, they were sweet, so sweet, and kind, and she wanted to step closer to him, but she held herself back. She couldn't afford to be blinded by emotion now. What she was hearing it was insanity! It was a ploy. Something to test her loyalty, it couldn't be true.

She took a step back from him, looking at the ground, though her eyes snapped up to meet his when he spoke again, 'I will love you and I will love your children in a way that he never could or would.' What? She wasn't worth it. All her life, she had be told time and time again, that she wasn't worth it. Her name alone spoke of the hatred her own mother felt towards her. One other creature had claimed to love her and he had left her, so obviously he hadn't! She had relinquished all hopes of one day being loved, happy to tend to her duty.

"You...saw what Isardis did to Taurig alone, you must have heard rumors of what he's done to others who have tried to leave. I can't be the cause of more conflict between Taurig and his father, that's not fair to him. He shouldn't have to fight my battles..." Her words were broken whispers, as she looked at the ground. "You barely know me..." She breathed, in reply to the last words he had spoken. "You don't know the demons, Seraphim, you can't see the ramifications of this. As long as I bare his blood, he'll never let me go..."

Not only that, but she was loyal to Glaciem. What about Azalea? The prisoner she had befriended. Argent, her first friend? The pups under her care? The lack of another healer in the pack was daunting. Could she just ask Isardis if she could leave? Would he grant her a chance at happiness? "Seraphim..." She said again, tears pooling in her golden eyes as she looked at him. How could he feel something for her, after meeting her once. She hadn't been a big believer in 'love at first sight' but... was it possible?

Speech,