Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
08-04-2023, 02:41 PM
Jack is still a teenager and, as such, really doesn’t care about what he looks like. All that matters right now, in his young world, is enjoying life to the fullest and the freedom that comes from exploring. So, when he spies Remus on a little island in the marshy land, safe from the dirty surroundings that the boy, who had been enjoying the feel the mud between his toes, obliviously loves, he decided to trots over to the man. His normally bright colors are marred by the muck and mire that his legs have kicked up, painting his underside and body with all sorts of smelly, dirty things… not that he minds.

Joyfully, he greets Remus, the man returning the greeting easily and joking with the boy. A grin cracks his maw as Jack says, “Oh yeah! This place is amazing! Can you believe all the cool birds around here?” Sure, the mud is fun and all but Jack has also seen several birds with long legs that he had not laid eyes on before. Frogs croak around them as the boy remains in the marshy land, allowing Remus to claim the safety from the icky land all for himself. Icy eyes turn to the long branches of the willow tree that the man sits under, the boy’s gaze watching the way the branches dance in the gentle breeze.

Mist settles low on the water, obscuring his view of the fish and creatures that obviously inhabit the waters since he can feel them brush against his legs before moving on to wherever they are heading. Remus’s voice pulls Jack from his silent musings and he looks to the man as he explains what he is doing here. A lopsided, carefree grin appears as the man finishes and he happily says, “I prefer the mud! Besides, it will all wash off on my swim back home. But, I will walk with you! Tell me, how is life going for you, Remus?”

The man strikes out and the boy is quick to follow, making sure to stick to the marshy areas because… well, he can. You only live once, after all.

"Calico Jack"

Art & Code © Skelle 2023

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Bird Watching Avian Estuary 11:53 PM, 05-23-2023 04:44 PM, 02-28-2024