An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
08-05-2023, 08:43 PM
Briar had fully expected a slew of questions from her inquisitive pups after she finished the story of how their family had founded The Hallows and the Armada, but the nature of those questions were a little unexpected–though she should have known better given how bright and intuitive they all were. Clove made her quickly realize where she hadn't quite been clear as she questioned whether Sirius and Zee would come play with them. She struggled for a beat to decide how she wanted to answer that, but Ember spoke up before she could, asking about her other set of grandparents from their father's side and, not only that, but why she had two grandmothers instead of a grandmother and grandfather like she had with Sirius and Zee. Vendrick was the only one that had an entirely easy question to answer since even Nelu asked about Tamsyn and Resin and whether they were just traveling and would be back.

She gave a slightly awkward chuckle as she tried to figure out how she could not only breach the topic of death with her children, but also different sexualities. They weren't exactly topics that she had planned on covering with her children today, but telling them 'I'll tell you when you're older' didn't feel right either. "Well... To answer your question, Vendrick, the Sunset Falls are in Boreas with is the bigger continent north of here. We can absolutely visit the falls when you get a little bigger. Your Uncle Kotori has a pack there and I'm sure he'd love for you all to visit." Now that the easy stuff was out of the way... Letting her gaze shift occasionally from pup to pup, she shared, "Your Grandma Resin and Grandma Zee aren't with us any more. They unfortunately got very sick and passed away. But now they're in Somnium where they aren't sick any more." She was sure that would only scratch the surface of the questions there, but maybe it would be enough for now. "You'll definitely get to play with your Grandpa Sirius and Grandma Tam though! Maybe we'll get to pay Armada a visit soon so you can go see him and your other Fatalis family. Grandma Tam remarried and now she travels with her new husband who is a very kind man named Kane. I think she'll be coming back to live with us again very soon though so you'll get to play with her then. They're both going to be very excited to meet all of you!"

That covered everything–well, all except one thing... Looking to her little Ember, she added, "The reason you don't have two grandpas is well... because Grandma Tam wasn't sure who the father of their pups was. But it never mattered. She and Grandma Resin raised your father and all of his siblings together and were amazing parents. They loved each other very much and that's all that really matters." Feeling as if she might have at least diffused that bomb for the time being, she chuckled again and looked around at her beautiful children that might just be too smart for their own good–or at least too smart for story time with mom. "Any other questions, my darlings?"

"Briar Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Our Stories Amron's Castle 10:53 AM, 06-23-2023 06:52 AM, 11-07-2023