Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
08-06-2023, 08:09 PM

Charlie had been expecting an enemy, maybe even some other small predator that had hoped to make his companion a snack. What he hadn’t been expecting was the shriek of a child. He blinked his bright blue eyes and tilted his head curiously as he looked at his nephew. He had not met Mortis and Halo’s pups yet, but looking at the little one there was little doubt as to who his parents were. Just like his brother the youngling bore a pair of feathered appengages from his back. Those of the pup were smaller, with softer feathers that resembled the down of hatchlings. The yearling was surprised; he’d always figured his brother was a unique case, but seeing one of his children also bearing such a defining mutation, he couldn’t help but wonder if more of the kids had inherited those wings.

His fur lay flat as the kid grinned up at him. At least it seemed his nephew was unhurt! He looked up, seeing Silveris puffed up at the child as she beat her wings above him, but she too was unharmed. Charlie chuckled, lowering his front half to the ground so that he was more on eye level with the kid. “Sure didn’t! I thought you were going to gobble me up!” He’d play along with the youngster, tail starting to wag back and forth behind him. He was glad he wasn’t wearing his brace today; poor thing could have gotten hurt if he landed on that!

“If I had to guess, this mighty hunter is the son of my big brother Mortis, eh?” Charlie tilted his head back and forth. Yorrick had started to circle around the pup, chuckling. “Nah Charlie, couldn’t be! I don’t see the resemblance!” The fisher was teasing of course, a contrast to the small shrike as she landed on Charlie again, warily eying the pup that had almost landed on her.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Falling can feel like Flying Mile-High Woods 05:41 PM, 08-04-2023 06:15 AM, 11-05-2023