An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
08-15-2023, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2023, 04:16 PM by Absinth. Edited 1 time in total.)

It not only dissuaded treason but it also kept followers in a constant state of all-consuming fear for the leader of the pack and the other high rankers. Respect was fine and all- you could be entirely benevolent with strength to match and have a hoard of those loyal to you… or you can be a horribly violent individual who’s shadow itself elicits the.. Inclination to obey. Absinth rumbled an agreement to his statement in the end, her eyes beginning to peer off into the distance for anything interesting. That was, until he brought up a very insightful question. Haha. A very good question.

Her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth. “Assuming the capture itself doesn’t kill me, you know, ‘dead or alive’ - I would be lumped in with other more… petty crimes and face a trial by combat. Have you ever heard of gladiators? Think of it as putting all sorts of criminals in an arena and letting them fight each other for survival- the winner gets to live.  It’s all really for entertainment value. As for if they would even put the effort in to hunt me down… well, I guess I’ll know if it ever happens. I made sure to put a great distance between me and them. I’d wager I’m not a high priority. I’m a bastard born to a whore and one of our maddest kings, but bloodlines alone mean little.” Absinth shrugged her response in a drawling tone, not really concerned about it to be honest. She could die any time, any day, there was no point in fearing something she had actually gone and escaped - more of an accomplishment than most ever contemplated. She wanted to survive, make no mistake about that, but she would not live in fear. That would defeat her entire purpose of getting this far.

As their conversation of crimes and punishments ended the brute announced his plans to depart with a shaky rise to his paws and some babbled words. Absinth tilted her head at his comparison of herself and this friend he was supposed to meet soon. North. Why not. She rose to her own feet. “Mm. I wouldn't trust a word of direction out of your mouth in your current state. You might just take a stumbling stroll into the ocean.” Absinth cackled with mirth stepping past him as though she was going to lead the way, “Tell me about your friend from a similar crowd. It’s just as you’ve said, I am not looking for anything specific, just a direction for my new runaway life.” She wondered if he would accommodate her request for information and company- it wasn’t so much that she thought his friend would be interesting… but maybe this was another butterfly effect she had to seize before it passed her by. She turned to meet his gaze and waited for his rejection or compliance.”Humor me. Oh. And it’s Absinth. My name.” She only just realized their entire encounter they had not exchanged names, and she couldn't keep calling him brain rot.
[EXIT ABSI]
wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.