gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
08-25-2023, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 07:27 AM by Scald. Edited 1 time in total.)

Marshal was not the only bird lingering in the skies that night. Once Gilgamesh had been defeated by the Warlord, his owl, Erish, had been released to keep an eye on the borders. There was nothing wrong with being mildly cautious and it would prove to be worth it. She had caught Deluge slinking off to the Battlefield to meet with her beau, Dread. As soon as she had seen the pair together in the blood stained wasteland, she had turned feather and headed back to where Gilgamesh sat upon the beach.

A discussion ensued between Gilgamesh and Modesty and surprisingly had been brief. In the middle of drunkenly flirting with Sakana, Scald suddenly heard his name. His spines bristle along his back as he looks to his parents. There is a haunting and furious expression lingering in his father’s eyes. That look he had not seen since Azure had pillaged the beach. Cursing under his breath, the lank boy made his way over to the pair. Heated whispers fought to rise above the nearby flames until a rumbling growl caused the boy to backdown.

It is then that Scald turns. One last glimpse over his shoulder with a glare full of daggers toward his father. “If I don’t return, it will be your fault,” he seethes through clamped teeth before taking off into the darkened shadows. The Crow makes his way with what little items he has toward the Battlefield. His own bird, Rosie, trails behind in the sky at a safe distance and lands in a nearby pool as Scald finally makes his way up to meet the trio of wolves. By their appearances, he can tell something unfortunate was happening. Their tones of anguish and the mixed emotions on their faces told him all he needed to know.

Sliding by Deluge first, Scald tips up onto his toes to whisper in his sister’s ear. “You owe me big time for this,” he snaps at her ear in a partially playful and partially pissed off manner before interrupting the argument between Dread and Sirius. His bi-colored gaze looks to Dread first before letting out a sigh and rolling his eyes. One more look over his shoulder at Deluge with a ’really? This fucker?’ look before he finally turns his attention on the Warlord. Clearing his throat, Scald tilts his chin up so he can stare Sirius in the eye.

“Evening, Warlord of Armada. I am Scald, Raider’s Hollow’s Crow, an official Diplomat and trusted Scout. Due to the outcomes of your recent raid, Gilgamesh is unfortunately unable to make this encounter. He stayed by to ensure his wolves were taken care for,” he made a point of raising a brow and keeping a disappointed expression on his face before continuing. “He has sent me to offer a… deal of sorts. Deluge and Dread have spoken their wishes to the Raid King about their,” he clears his throat, “emotional arrangement. While Armada and Raider’s Hollow are on fraying cords, he does not wish to start a war currently. If you will agree, he offers me for Dread for one full season. Upon the end of the season, Dread will return to Armada unharmed or make his own choice and suffer the consequence,” Scald rolls his shoulders back and stands firm, stands tall, as he never lets his eyes leave the Warlord.

Your turn, old man.

S C A L D