size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-26-2023, 08:45 PM

Artorias thrust the length of his sword deeper into the dying bear's chest as it let out a death rattle, its final wails of life warbling through the mild spring air. With a twist and a pull that sent an arc of liquid crimson spilling across the ground, the Aegis withdrew his blade and brought the pointed end down one more time into the side of the bear's head, piercing its skull in a grim double-tap to ensure it was finished. He breathed a heavy sigh in his moment of victory, not relishing the need to kill the creature, but more and more recently as of late the animals seemed to be getting hyper aggressive and anxious. Three of his children had already had a near-deadly run-in with a bear up in the grove and now another had lumbered its way right into the plains without any regard for the pack's boundaries. It was unusual and unfortunately warranted a violent response from the alpha in order to keep his wolves safe.

Speaking of keeping the pack safe, an urgent call from a stranger to the south caught the dire wolf's attention, brows furrowing as eyes narrowed. Calls from strangers was nothing new in the Hallows, doubly so recently with the influx of guests and patients, but something about this one felt wrong. He couldn't put his paw on it. Sliding Embershard back into its scabbard, Artorias glanced down at himself and the ursine blood staining his chest and paws. Ordinarily he would have preferred to clean up before greeting guests, but this call was urgent. Without wasting any time, the Aegis hurried south, following the border around past Hearthstone until he spotted them. When he approached, he was greeted with every parent's worst nightmare. A wolf he didn't recognize was carrying the barely conscious form of his daughter. Bramble was slumped over the male's back, bleeding profusely from a wound on her side. The boy looked worse for wear too, but he was at least ambulatory and responsive.

Artorias' heart leapt up into his throat as he rushed to close the distance to meet them. "Bramble!" he shouted, hurrying to take her from the stranger. Art moved closer and sidled up to press underneath and scoop her off of the younger male's back. "Pass her to me and come inside quickly." There was no room for debate or discussion in his voice, and it was clear he wasn't going to let the stranger object. Once he had her, he picked up the pace, carrying Bramble at an urgent lope towards the castle. They had to get her inside and in Gwynevere's care. "Bramble, can you hear me? I've got you, sweetie, I've got you. You're gonna be okay." Artorias didn't know if he was saying this to reassure his daughter or himself. Cold panic gripped his heart and turned his stomach. None of his children had ever been so badly hurt before and he refused to be made a parent who buried their child.

His attention turned to the boy as they made their way toward the castle. "What the hell happened?!" he asked the stranger who bore a scent from a familiar pack. Although upset, Artorias strongly doubted the lad was the culprit. It would have been very strange for him to bring Bramble back if he had done this, so for now he regarded the young wolf as his guest.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. put the pieces back together Amron's Castle 07:12 PM, 08-26-2023 10:20 PM, 12-01-2023