size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
08-30-2023, 12:08 AM

Maybe it was easier for Crux not to victimize her because he was used to being victimized himself. It wasn't like his life was easy, no, but he wasn't some poor baby child who couldn't do anything for himself. So he refused to see any others that way. He wasn't naive enough to think he could understand anyone's unique struggles but he'd always felt it better to acknowledge them and still view others as capable. Not that that meant he knew what he was doing or saying at any point.

Luckily, it seemed like this time he'd managed it somehow. Cryptis seemed to calm somewhat and he couldn't help the small smile that brought him. Her voice wasn't settled but he could tell she was working through her own emotions already and her question caught him a bit of guard. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked. It was partially rhetorical. He knew why others didn't pay attention to those around them but for Crux it was as much a survival mechanic as it was a conscious choice.  He'd had to learn early how to read others, it was the easiest way to protect himself. To spot when his older brother was in a mood so he could disappear, and warn his sisters who were Azure's favourite punching bags. But maybe he also just liked watching others, learning about them more from their actions than their words. Words were much easier to fluff up and make pretty. And well... Though Crux wasn't ready to admit it, he'd taken a good literal look at Cryptis. And he'd liked what he'd seen enough to make sure he was paying attention.

Still he wasn't expecting her next comments either and he felt his face flushing with heat again, how many times had it been in the last little bit alone already? He'd lost count. He tilted his head downwards, gaze going to the ground... He wasn't sure how to respond to that. It made him happy, like really happy but he still wasn't ready to feel it about himself yet. Maybe that was okay though, maybe knowing there was someone out there who wasn't family who liked him was enough for now. Maybe two someone's if he was lucky. "I like you too Cryptis." His voice was soft and it took a great deal of willpower to force himself to stop staring at the ground as he said it. What he'd said about her had been true, by his estimation she seemed a decent wolf and maybe it was some part the feeling that they shared something he shared with few others but he felt connected to her in a way he hadn't even felt for his childhood friend. Which he knew was a strange thing to think or feel, they'd known each other for less than a day. But well... Emotions weren't rational.

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.