gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipTreat 2019
08-31-2023, 06:08 PM

Memento might have needed to wait at the borders, but she knew the Aegis would never keep those he considered friends waiting long. Seeing him approach brought a warm smile to her face, and the woman would return his greeting with a firm hug of her own. “It feels like it has been forever, but the Hallows is here just I remember it. Not there was ever a doubt.” She would pull back with a grin, the warmth from the Aegis washing over her. She did not wish this to be a sour reunion between them, and wanted them to remember the moment as a good one. She gave a nod, her expression shifting, a certain twinkle in her eyes as she spoke.

“I did. On my way out of Auster I met… a rather peculiar woman. One unlike anyone else I’ve ever met. She’s different, maybe not all there…” She could feel her cheeks heat as she chuckled. “But… she is a good wolf. She means well. I spent a bit of time with her when I left, and when I found my brother and saw his family, I noticed myself getting distracted. My mind kept drifting back to her, to Skorgek.” Meme could feel herself growing embarrassed. To have a crush now, when she was already so old, yet she was acting like a yearling experiencing love for the first time.

“I reunited with Skorgek on the way back here. She’s uncertain about joining a pack and I…” Her smile faltered. “As much as I appreciate and love the Hallows, I think my path has deviated from returning here, Artorias.” Her gaze lowered. “The Hallows reminded me of love, of the value of family. Skorgek… she doesn’t have any of that. If I return here she’ll be alone… and that… that makes my heart hurt. I don’t want her to be alone… if… if she’s not ready to come here with me…” She sighed and looked back to the Aegis.

“So… I won’t be coming back. My heart, my loyalty will always be to you and the wolves here. We won’t be far - Skorgek has taken a liking to the Wraith Woods. If I hear anything that might help the wolves here, you can count on me coming to share the information. And maybe one day I will be able to convince Skorgek of the good the Hallows can be, the good a pack can be, just as you showed me once.” She hoped that he would understand. As much as she wanted to come home, her heart was divided, pulling in the direction of the woods where the masked woman waited for her.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Farewell, But Never Goodbye Amron's Castle 08:10 PM, 08-27-2023 05:47 AM, 12-05-2023