gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Erani

The question was answered with a quiet huff. ?Because no Valhallan that I know has ever left a wolf in need to die. Our hearts are too kind. And I am a healer. Warriors fight to kill, Healers fight Death himself to save lives. Sometime we lose those battles, but we fought, nonetheless.? They descended into the empty den, which had managed to gather a great deal of autumn leaves from errant winds, enough for a comfortable nest. Quietly, she watched the female until she felt she was as comfortable as a wolf in labor could get, then set her plants down, picking out those that would help to dilate the womb?s opening and lessen the pain, while strengthening the contractions.

One ear cocked to listen as the female spoke, hearing the words end in a pained hiss. ?Then why do you allow it to happen? Or do they not give Healers the proper respect owed to them? Here, in Valhalla, Healers are important. They are trusted, and hold an authority even Alpha?s must sway to, or else the pack would be vulnerable. How can an Alpha lead the pack, if he or she becomes ill from not listening to the Healer when the healer says it?s time to back down and heal?? Her words were spoken in a low, relaxed tone, as she broadcast serenity through motion and expression. This would hopefully have a calming effect. She nudged the cocktail of herbs she?d prepared close to the healer. ?The pack is a healer?s child. Do what you must, to protect that child. Even if it means going against your king, because he is leading your children to harm. Valhalla are defending themselves, and I am protecting my children as best as I can.?

Her head turned and she made her way to the opening, where she sat, half in, half out, an ear cocked backward, listening to the soon to be mother.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think