size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
09-04-2023, 08:26 AM

Once the pair were seated near one another, Ava began to speak. The moment that the purple woman said 'had,' Ikigai's own brow creased in concern, their expressions mirroring one another. She had lost the pups that she and Saracyn had made. The mention of birth defects was met with the barest of nods, simply signifying that she heard and understood. The loss of children... it hit close to home. The pale fae swallowed hard but continued to listen.

Apparently Avacyn was thinking of the future. Knowing that she and her mate could likely not produce an heir, she was asking to choose one from Ikigai's own litter. The pallid fae was a little surprised that she had been asked. Surely there were other wolves that were closer to her bloodline that could be groomed to be heir. Avacyn wasn't wrong that, in choosing one of Iki's children, the bond with Ashen would be further solidified. It was a smart choice, in the end.

Before she answered Avacyn, Ikigai moved forward, placing a dexterous paw upon one of Ava's own paws. "I am truly sorry for your loss," she spoke softly. "I know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone." It wasn't really public knowledge of her forced miscarriage, but Manea had known, so perhaps Ava did as well.

"As for your request, I gladly accept, though we'll need to further discuss the terms." Ikigai wasn't going to give up a child, no matter who asked for it. She would be the one raising the pup. Ikigai wasn't unreasonable. She trusted Avacyn to care for her child. Together, they could make it work.

"Speech"

[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A promise to make Alias Island 07:59 PM, 08-19-2023 04:18 AM, 11-06-2023