Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-06-2023, 12:00 AM

The girl came closer, and as she did so Charlie was able to pick up the scent of another pack on her coat. Unlike his father, who had dealt with their enemies, or Dread who had gone to other packs, Charlie knew only the scent of the Armada and Hallows by name. But as she drew closer Charlie picked up on a scent on her coat that had him freeze. His expression fell and Silveris would call angrily above him. Why was Dread’s scent on her coat? Who was this wolf? Was she the reason his brother wasn’t around? Why his father seemed to bear a new weight on his shoulders? What the hell had happened? He hadn’t asked Sirius, but he had caught sight of his father returning. He fought with his nature to be polite but guarded… and get some answers. Charlie drew a breath, looking to his companion.

“Enough, Silveris. Return to the Armada. We won’t be able to talk with your protests.” He prayed the bird would understand his meaning. She hesitated for a moment, but she would turn back the way they had come, leaving Charlie with the other wolf alone. “I came this way to check the island out. Would be a bit of a waste if I didn’t make the effort now.” Her accent was different. Thick. He hadn’t caught her meaning nor offer of the drink to him. He would turn, starting to clamber up the stones. He could feel his stomach churn, wondering if it was worth it to poke a sensitive subject. Would his father fault him if she turned out to be an enemy for not chasing her off?

“I don’t believe we’ve met, though it seems you know my brother.” He sighed. Keeping this up was… hard. No, it was better to get to the point. He’d make his way a bit further and look back at her. “Look... I... ...Our father returned to the Armada with the look that something deeply troubled him… and I’m smart enough to know Dread has been around you, given how his scent clings to your coat. Who are you? What are you to Dread?” His ears fell. His body language was not hostile, but rather betrayed a mix of emotions; the strongest being uncertainty. “...and... what is your standing with the Armada?” A lot of questions at once, but he needed answers. He’d rather not have to fight this woman to get them, but she hadn’t proved hostile toward him… and even if she was an enemy, it made more sense to the yearling to fight only to defend himself, rather than provoke one.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. You have goat to be kiddin me Atlantis Island 09:44 PM, 09-05-2023 06:16 AM, 11-05-2023