Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-10-2023, 07:53 PM

Seeing his nephew’s eyes light up at the mention of armor and weapons brough happiness to the yearling. It was unsurprising that the boy, already eager to be on the path of a warrior, would take interest in the question he posed. He'd listen to Wylan speak before giving a nod. "There is truth to that. Having a strong offense can help you, but knowing how to use a weapon safely and properly in battle is key as well. A misused weapon, no matter how small, can be double edged. This means if you do not handle it with care a weapon you carry can turn itself on you as well." He enjoyed passing on these lessons to his nephew.

“And so Wylan, before we can talk about you getting your own weapon, we need to discuss weapon safety. It is crucial to remember that a weapon is not a toy. Swinging it willy nilly can cause injurie. Injuries to you, or to loved ones, and improper swings with a weapon that is not the right length or weight can cause strain to your jaws and neck. You can even accidentally cut parts off of loved ones if they come close and don’t realize you are using it. You must be careful. If you hurt someone, even by accident, you may not be allowed to carry a weapon ever again.” His expression became serious. "The Warlord is not afraid to forbid any wolf from becoming a warrior if they don’t take things seriously. I almost lost that chance myself, Wyl, so please take what I am saying to heart.” Would his nephew understand the importance of what he was saying? Was he old enough to? Charlie’s expression had fallen. How could he make him understand…? Ah!

An idea strikes him, and Charlie speaks again. “If you promise to listen to what I’ve said, I’ll help you make a prototype weapon. It won’t be as dangerous as the real thing, but if you show me you can be safe with it, I’ll make you the real thing on your first birthday. You even get to choose what type of weapon! Do we have a deal?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. To Build A Memory Mile-High Woods 10:22 PM, 08-28-2023 06:17 PM, 03-18-2024