size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Artorias had expected Audra to reply and speak for the two of them given how his first interaction with Gloom had gone, but much to his surprise and delight it was Gloom who answered him first. The Aegis looked to the smaller woman with a pleasantly shocked reaction, a happy smile slowly making its way across his muzzle as Gloom met his humor with some of her own, earning an amused chuckle and a little tail wag from the Carpathian man. From the look on Audra's face, it seemed that Gloom's sudden openness of her true self had equally shocked and pleased her too. "Well, as long as this kidnapping doesn't launch a war with the Ashen Empire, then I think I can let this slide," he returned to Audra with a playful grin on his own, then looked back to Gloom. "You know, I think you may be right, we're missing the unwilling aspect of a kidnapping. So I guess this is more of a... coerced recruitment, maybe?" He chuckled again, trying to keep the mood light to make Gloom feel safe and welcomed here.

Gloom came out with it first and asked him exactly what he suspected they would. She wished to stay in the Hallows as a permanent member. The fact that she had asked it of him rather than leaning on Audra to voice her desires spoke volumes to the rebuilding she had done of herself during her time here, and whether that was attributed to her own inner strength or Audra's caretaking or a bit of both mattered little. What mattered to the Aegis was the growth he had seen between the woman Audra had carried in here on her back some seasons ago and the woman seated before him now. Art allowed Audra to chime in with her own contributions before he spoke, listening attentively as his physician requested that Gloom stay with her in her room (while not so stealthily sliding closer to the woman in question, he noticed). Audra's vouching of Gloom was appreciated and considered by Artorias, but ultimately was not needed. He already knew his answer from the moment he saw Gloom coming back and that smile on Audra's face.

"It's not uncommon for many of our patients to wish to stay with us after they've completed their healing," said the Aegis, mostly to Gloom but addressing both her and Audra together. "Usually, I tell those wolves that they found what they needed here and now they can chart their own courses for their own lives, ambitions, and desires." A lopsided smile lifted the corner of Artorias' lips as he looked at Gloom, a warmth and pride in his gaze as he took in the changes that she had gone through in her short time here. "But in this case, I think you found exactly where you were meant to be from day one. I have seen many wolves come through these gates looking for healing, Gloom, but very few have ever made such transformations into something magnificent the way you did. It speaks to the strength of who you are, and it's something you should be very proud of." Art looked over to Audra and added, "It also shows me how talented Audra is as a healer, especially for someone she cares for. Your presence brought her a happiness I haven't seen in too long."

There was no hesitation in the alpha's decision. He nodded his head and gestured for Gloom to step across the threshold into her new home. "Welcome to your new home, Gloom. You are now a Hallowed wolf. Please, come make yourself at home. I'm sure Audra will be happy to show you around Hearthstone, give you a rundown on our laws and tenets, and help you get settled in. Oh, and I'm happy to allow you both to occupy one room, if you both desire it." He have a bit of a teasing knowing look to Audra with that last statement. He couldn't help but give her some good natured ribbing to the wolf he basically considered his family. "What special skills, talents, or hobbies do you have, Gloom? In the Hallows, we like to make sure our wolves' talents are fostered and their passions encouraged to help strengthen our pack. If you have a proclivity towards anything—hunting, fishing, medicine, crafting, politics—I'd love to make sure you're doing something you love." Every member of the Hallows was expected to help contribute to the pack's success in some form. Artorias was curious what sort of talents Gloom would be bringing to their home.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Home is at your side Amron's Castle 07:30 PM, 08-21-2023 05:48 AM, 12-05-2023