Novice Fighter (15)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
09-13-2023, 10:10 PM
Cold snow glittered around the trio and the morning light danced off their pelts. As Khranbari spoke, it was difficult for Varushka to see the meaning of the words he spoke in his golden eyes. “Didn’t care if she joins or not,” his words echoed in her mind did sting a bit. Varushka thought that perhaps he would have been excited to see her again and that he might have wanted her to be there with him. Unlike Khran, the disappointment was plain on her tan and brown face. He spoke no more and gave his attention to his leader, as did Varu. She looked to the smaller she-wolf respectfully with soft yellow eyes. Honor and hard work, the pack’s two core values according to Aslatiel. She didn’t seem like a wolf that would make up stories or exaggerate, so perhaps she did see those qualities in Khran. It was only more proof of how much they didn’t know about each other. The alpha went on to explain some of what the pack had to offer to her. Training in different skill sets was fairly interesting to her. However, Varu felt her mind wander off about what she could offer the pack. Surely she would have time to figure it out later. Asla then mentioned that Khran would be taking care of introducing her to the territory, to which she intentionally made no outward expression of reaction. A simple bow of her head was her response, but internally she winced. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to be alone with him again already, his reaction this far told her he wasn’t happy that she was there.

Before Varushka could respond Asla rose to her paws, shaking off any snowflakes that clung to her fur. She smiled and welcomed Varushka to the pack. The brown female bowed, leaning her head down to the ground and splaying one paw out before her. ”Thankyou Aslatiel. I am grateful for your hospitality. I hope to be of use to you and your pack.” With that said, she rose from her bow. Her nose had been dipped in the cold snow, and some still stuck there. Quickly, she wiped it off with a raised brown paw. Her eyes finally coming to rest on the large grey male again. Varu wondered how he must feel about having to show her around. She half expected him to leave her the second Asla was out of sight.

Varushka peered farther into the woods in the direction of where Asla had gone. She didn’t make any move from where she stood, she simply waited a few moments. Now that they were alone, she let the memories of the last time she had seen him flood her mind. She had left him all alone, sneaking away from him like an owl gliding silently through the night. She didn’t mean to upset him, his cold nature had made her feel like he wouldn’t have cared. They had hardly even shared more than a few words between themselves after being with each other for almost an entire day. She had originally just wanted to get away for a little bit to clear her head and make a decision. But a few hours turned to a day, and a day turned to a week. Before she knew it, it was winter. Varushka knew she couldn’t go another winter all alone. So she decided at last to find Khran, and try to make it where he was. Then at least she would have one wolf she was familiar with. She turned her head to look at him, yellow pools burned into his fur. ”I wasn’t ready.” she admitted. ”I left to think about it. I know it took me a while but I had to, that was the first time I think I’ve even spoken to another for I don’t know how long.. but, I came back because I didn’t think you’d mind.” She searched his golden eyes for the answer. She just wanted to know what he really thought.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Together by Choice Sunset Falls 07:21 PM, 09-05-2023 05:17 AM, 11-13-2023