size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-16-2023, 02:31 PM

Artorias knew something terrible had happened even before either fae spoke to him. The Bellamy he had met some months ago was not the woman he saw before him today. She looked like a ghost of her former self, a stark contrast to the lively and vibrant character he had parlayed with. The russet girl introduced herself as Haydée Kedieo and Bellamy's daughter—as well as the new leader of Ethne. Artorias' gaze snapped back to the girl out of shock. Bellamy had abdicated her alphaship to her child so soon? His worry and confusion was swiftly answered when Haydée explained how Bellamy's mate had been murdered recently. Artorias' heart broke upon hearing such news. Shocked and aghast eyes looked back to Bellamy as if to confirm her daughter's words, but the despondent look in the older wolf's eyes left no doubt in his mind. Something terrible had happened to Bellamy, and Haydée and Ethne by extension. Although Artorias had not met Bellamy's mate, he had known of the man's existence from some of the lighthearted banter they had shared at her last visit.

"Oh, Bellamy... I am so, so sorry." The words did not feel adequate enough to express the empathy he felt for the waning fae. He was glad to hear that the criminal responsible for the murder had been brought to justice, but it seemed the damage had long been done and was still taking its toll on the survivors. Haydée begged him for his help to cure her mother, crystalline tears spilling down her cheeks as the girl far too young to be burdened with such pain and struggles did her best to hold herself together in this moment. Art looked down to the little Haydée—and in that moment he was taken back in time. He saw flashes of memories. Of a battlefield scattered with blood and corpses. His birth mother, clutching the body of his adoptive mother in her arms and wailing. His own pained scream rang out in his ears as he relived the day a boy had been forced to become a man. Haydée was now walking the same path Artorias had when he was her age.

Artorias nodded and motioned for the two Ethne ladies to cross the border, waving a large azure paw in the direction of Hearthstone. "Of course. We'll help in any way we can. Our healers are the best in their disciplines, and our grief and mental health counselor is second to none. I'd like to have her speak with you at some point. You are both welcome for as long as you need," said the Aegis. Once Bellamy and Haydée had crossed, Artorias began to lead the way down to the castle. "We will do all we can for you, Bellamy, you have my word. For as long as you need, the Hallows is home to you. Haydée, you and any of your siblings have my blessing to come visit your mother whenever you wish. You are among friends here." More than anything, Artorias wanted to stress that point. Though not allies officially, Art regarded the wolves of Ethne as good neighbors, and like a good neighbor the Hallows was there in their time of need. If they could help, they would.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. We Can Be Immortals Amron's Castle 03:39 PM, 08-15-2023 03:13 PM, 01-21-2024