size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-16-2023, 03:37 PM

No matter how adamant her father was in his assurances that her mother wasn't mad or disappointed, only worried, it was difficult for her to believe what he was telling her. The pressure she had put on herself to meet the expectations that she felt like she had to meet had been so heavy that this had felt like so much more than just a personal loss for herself and Saracyn. That loss alone would have been enough to wreck her, but she also had to untangle the guilt she felt about not being able to fulfill the obligation she had to continue on the lineage of Matriarchs that had gone on for generations. As her father comforted her and assured her that he and her mother only wanted her and her brother to be okay and healthy, Avacyn did eventually allow herself to at least believe that much. It would probably take more time for her to forgive herself and figure out how she was going to move forward, but at least she felt like she might be able to look her mother in the eye again.

She nestled further into the plush coat of her father as he squeezed her tighter, enjoying the simple pleasure of just getting to pretend that she was a pup snuggling with him again. Her ears flicked a bit as he asked if she was okay, mentioning the unpleasant process that she had gone though. There was a hesitation in her answer, but she did eventually manage to say, "I will be," as she offered him a little smile. She couldn't honestly say that she was okay yet, but she knew that she would be. She had to be. "I'm just really tired still," she admitted as she tucked her head into his chest once again, nuzzling into the warmth of his fur and trying to ignore how damp parts of it were from her crying. "I hadn't really felt well the whole pregnancy, but I just kept thinking that it was going to be worth it in the end and then..." Her words drifted off into silence as she sighed softly, letting her sore, puffy eyes close as she relaxed into his embrace for the first time in a while.

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I want to be little again Alias Island 07:49 PM, 08-19-2023 01:25 PM, 02-11-2024