ardent

ain't this the bloodiest mess in the world?

armada healer - TW gore & mental health

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
09-19-2023, 07:01 PM

Okay not as out of it as he'd assumed. Despite everything running though his mind, despite all the worry and the fear hearing Hazel's response summoned a small smile. "Apologies." Her being able to retort was probably a good sign. "I'll have something to help with the pain in a moment but aside from this does anywhere else hurt?" He could guess at some general pains but with her practically on the ground it was hard to get a good look at her for any other obvious surface wounds.

Her neck was priority though and he suppressed a sharp inhale as he got a good look at it. Basilisk had taken his instruction and Crux turned his whole attention to the task at hand. He felt Riya bump against him and he turned to quickly take some of the items she'd brought with her. This wasn't going to be enough. Her wound was too deep for a simple treatment and bandage and he took a deep breath. "I'm going to clean up the wound which may sting, you can take some Yarrow for the pain if you want it." He explained between lulls in their conversation, pushing the herb in question towards the woman. "You're probably going to need sutures so I do recommend them." He said it for Hazel, so she'd know. He said it for Riya who silently nodded and rushed off to get whatever supplies she could find for that task. And he said it for himself, to ground him in the reality he was facing. He'd been taught how to do this, but learning was very different from doing.

One step at a time. Crux took a clean rag from his little bundle of items and dipped it in a stone bowl of water and started to use it to gently clean the woman's wound. Once he was done he grabbed a bandage and spread it across the neck wound and applied pressure. "Can you hold this, just a little pressure." He asked his nephew, taking just long enough to ensure the blood was being staunched he turned his attention towards grinding some yarrow and Agrimony together in an improvised stone mortar. Preparing for treatment after he managed to sew her back together. Which he was trying very hard not to think about.

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. ain't this the bloodiest mess in the world? Tall Grass Plains 03:06 PM, 08-23-2023 03:25 AM, 02-13-2024