gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
09-25-2023, 10:24 AM
As she surveyed her surroundings, her vision began to sway on an axis that left her a light-headed feeling. Reclining to the ground, she hung her head low for a moment in hopes the sensation would pass. Aurelia clenched her eyes tight, taking special care in the pattern of her own breath, and after she had lost count of the seconds past, she made an attempt at straightening herself up. When she opened her sapphire gaze, it was met with the strange manifestation of another girl, who appeared to be about her own age- just much larger. Before she could call attention to the unexpected encounter, the passerby beat her to it. “I’ve never been one to put much forethought into my decisions.” Aurelia admitted with a weakened, but amused, half-sided grin. While there may have been some close calls in her time, she had managed well enough.

She certainly didn’t expect assistance from a total stranger. What were the odds of crossing the paths of another herbalist in the tundra? As the larger, antlered girl struck the initial bargain, she couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped her lips. It ultimately ended in a coughing fit, but the humor still carried. “I believe you’re the one that has caught me at a disadvantage. Though, you can have my word for whatever it’s worth.” She finally answered, pausing to clear her throat before continuing. “I’m gonna be honest though, it’s not much.”

As the gears in her mind began to turn, she noticed the bag that her newfound, wandering physician was carrying for the first time. Her mind raced for a solution as to how she would treat herself. But it would all simply depend on what was at her disposal. Left alone in a frozen snowscape, her options were limited for obvious reasons. “You wouldn’t happen to have some Echinacea or Thyme on you would you?” Realistically, the odds of the strange girl carrying around such wintertime commodities would be very slim. Though, she was certainly entitled to her own wishful thinking. However far of a long shot it may be.

1323 / 1500 words
"Aurelia Veratti"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Time is Ticking The Polar Sound 04:03 PM, 09-15-2023 11:55 PM, 10-13-2023