Intermediate Fighter (30)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
10-01-2023, 09:10 PM

Elowen felt her chest well up with pride as Bramble complimented her. She was at least trying to sort of learn about fighting, and make what observations she could in the meanwhile. Her cousin had more fighting experience than she had though, so as Bramble spoke the girl would pay attention. Trying to get past her face and go for her shoulders or back legs would keep Bramble’s vitals over her body but away from her jaws so that made sense. Plus if Bramble applied pressure and used her height and weight it could definitely limit what Elowen would be able to do. The monochrome yearling gave a couple nods in response. But they didn’t get much further before Andromeda began to pull their focus towards the lesson again, using her cousins to demonstrate.

Elowen furrowed her brow, paying attention to what Andy had to tell them. The most she got was to be careful of attacks that could limit what she could do in retaliation. But then they were supposed to continue the lesson. El frowned and looked back to Bramble, her ears falling back with uncertainty. “I’m… not sure I’m ready to put an actual attack into practice yet.” A confession. “But if I needed to pick a different area to attack, I might try something with a higher risk, higher reward sort of thing. If I lowered my body and focused my energy forward and barreled into your legs, I could potentially compromise your balance or stance and find an opening to attack… but in doing so I’d be leaving myself open to a counter as well by coming in at a head-on angle.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Elowen has two companions - a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever and a cardinal. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Come Gather 'Round People Amron's Castle 06:30 PM, 06-24-2023 03:12 PM, 01-21-2024