size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
10-07-2023, 02:31 PM
Silas listened with rapt attention for the duration of his lesson, confirming he understood his words, but Artorias knew the importance of knowing balance and justice would be lost on a pup as young as his little Silas—at least until the boy grew and had matured some more. A child's mind could not comprehend the depths of how ambiguous things like morality could be, nor would he ever want to burden his children with such thoughts. Artorias simply wanted his pups to enjoy being children and to savor their innocence for as long as they could. His own had been stolen by the darkness of the world far too soon. His children deserved better.

Artorias smiled down at Silas, giving his forehead an affectionate nudge with his snout. "Good lad." Silas questioned if he truly believed he could be a good hunter, and the sire wolf gave a soft chuckle, a proud lopsided smile adorning his features as fiery eyes blazed with love for his son. "I believe you could be a great hunter if you put your mind to it and never give up on yourself," Artorias playfully corrected his son. The remark Silas made about not even being able to navigate the stairs on his own earned him an appraising head tilt from his father. "And why should that stop you, my boy? Life is full of challenges and checkpoints. Just because you can't do something right now doesn't mean you'll never be able to do it."

Again Artorias leaned his neck down to offer Silas a reassuring nuzzle to his crown. "Courage in yourself does not mean never being afraid. True courage is being afraid and still acting in spite of the fear." Another lesson he felt his son would understand better the older he got and the more personal challenges he faced and overcame. "You are still very young, Silas, and you have so much life ahead of you. Everyone faces things that scare them or make them nervous—even me."

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. this is home Amron's Castle 08:26 AM, 07-10-2023 05:47 AM, 12-05-2023