size
Large
build
Light
player
Joe

Pride - Bisexual
10-08-2023, 08:17 PM

Ember and all her siblings voiced their questions and curiosities, and poor dear mom looked absolutely overwhelmed by the four of them. Ember wholly did not understand the gravity or maturity of the questions she had asked, as was the naive mind of a child, but still looked expectantly to her mother for answers. Mom knew everything, after all! Sure, their dad was great and everything too, but she knew that Mom was the real brains of their parents. So Ember sat and waited, peering up at Briar with wide, curious blue eyes, eagerly awaiting her answers. They came after a moment of deliberating from their dam, Briar explaining where the Sunset Falls were and how they could visit one day. Ember's tail wagged happily. She always loved any moment she could get to go outside of the Hallows!

The next answers addressed what had happened to their paternal and maternal grandmothers. Resin and Zee had both gotten sick and passed away. The realization that this was a discussion about death finally began to creep into Ember's mind, and without really understanding why she suddenly felt like she shouldn't be so curious about this. "Oh," she replied simply, her tail no longer wagging and her ears drooping a bit as her mood deflated. She was glad to hear that they weren't suffering anymore though. "I'm glad they're not sick anymore. Being sick isn't nice." The possibility of their Grandpa Sirius and Grandma Tam coming back to visit them all brought that life back into Ember's spirit once more, and her tiny tail resumed its ceaseless wagging. "Yay! I wanna play with Grandpa and Grandma!" declared a revitalized Ember practically bouncing in place.

Lastly, Briar addressed the question Ember had posed about the missing grandfather in their lives. She really didn't understand how Grandma Tam couldn't know who the father of her pups were. Though still little, she knew that families were made by mommies and daddies. So how could you not know who the dad was? Didn't she have to pick one? This was all very confusing to little Ember and she felt like she didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle, but she didn't question it any further. She likely wouldn't understand more no matter how much Briar told her. "Yeah! I'm just happy she had Dad," Ember said, truly just happy to be alive right now. The mechanics and details didn't matter; only the fact that she, her parents, and her siblings existed did.

"Ember"

Artorias and Briar may enter any of Ember's threads while she is under 2 years old.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Our Stories Amron's Castle 10:53 AM, 06-23-2023 06:52 AM, 11-07-2023