size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Jackal

OverachieverCritical Observation!1KSnake EyesRapid Poster - Bronze
10-14-2023, 07:01 PM

Bylgja had not been able to hide the panic, the raw terror. The reindeer, dying on the snow behind her, twitched and spasmed, but she paid it no mind as she began to investigate the boy for wounds. She nudged along his ribs, his shoulders, his neck. She searched for breaks. Her touch was simple, but clearly evaluating, even as the youth panted at her. "Eh?" A nudge against one of his vertebrae. Just to make sure nothing had gotten hurt. "I know you. You are Strai, and you are a Thrall, and I will speak for you at the Thing and try to bargain your freedom." Her head cocks to one side.

"I know you made me an axe. I know you leapt on the reindeer. You were very brave." Her voice, gravelly. Quiet. "...I know you are young. And there is life ahead of you." She says this, solemnly. "Your life has been hard. You must have made mistakes. But mistakes are... in the past. I will speak for you, and when you are free, I will make you a shield myself, using the sinews and hide of this reindeer that crushed you." Her paw settles upon the corpse.

"This is what I know, Strai." There is something fierce in her eyes, then. "Anything else, you can tell me in time. Your secrets are your own to share." She looks down at the body, then at Strai. She dips her head to him, gore-slick, aching, exhausted. "This is the way of things. I am an honest woman, Strai. And I could not let you be crushed. It is simple."

Perhaps it isn't, to him. But it is to her.

"Bylgja"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. silver is the grip on the helping hand Fenrir's Maw 05:10 PM, 10-14-2023 11:01 AM, 01-04-2024