gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
10-19-2023, 09:23 PM

Honestly, Aurelia wasn’t really sure what to make of her new acquaintance. Maybe if they had met before her drastic change in circumstance, their initial meeting could have gone way differently. But at the moment, she had no interest in making lasting acquaintances. “My value supersedes a living thing, I wouldn’t necessarily call that a problem.” Aurelia interjected. Beyond life and death, she knew souls were immortal, and the only way her’s would be unbound from Sephiran’s, was when she left this plane of existence and began preparation for the next life. Until then. “I subsequently made my own worth to him- I see that now, and I certainly regret it. I fought, he retaliated. I ran, he chased. I stood up to him, and he tried to break me. However, you pledged yourself and to him- the lunatic, and I’d be willing to guess he’d kill you without a second thought.” She paused blinking, with that bubbly grin returning to her features. “Yet here we both are.” Toe to toe, and not all that different. If she wanted to be a good little girl and walk on eggshells, navigate the minefield that was their captor, then she was completely in her right to do so. Aurelia couldn’t bring herself to do it. Not now. Not ever.

As she went on to acknowledge what she described as a death pact, Aurelia gave a hesitant nod. “Close. A blood sacrament is like marriage, but it’s not something you can just walk away from.” There may be distance, but there will only be separation in death. Running away didn’t really solve the problem.

Her company slithered ever closer, and she was only vaguely aware of it. However when she suddenly began to match her own rising temper, the other girl had her full attention. Slowly narrowing gaze, and a hardened expression. This was far from the peaceful meditation she had hoped for. “No. Living how you want doesn’t make you crazy. It’s choosing to live the way you do that makes me question your soundness of mind .. You might enjoy yourself playing with a maniac, and I’m very happy for you that you found one to cater to whatever it is that makes you feel warm and fuzzy … But for me, I refuse to willingly be used as a piece in someone else ploy. You say there are so many options. I’m afraid I don’t see them. But I can assure you what I’ve endured as of recent has not been living- or perhaps only just.” She was so fucking tired of games. She cringed at the mention of them- it. Whatever metaphorical fucked up lifestyle this girl was referring to. “It most certainly isn’t winning, but I guess you could call me a sore loser. I’d rather cut my losses and flip the board than see the disaster that becomes of me unfold.” That was the truth of it. But she had very little left to devote to whatever pissed-off pep talk this was supposed to be. If it was meant to motivate her or pick her brain apart, it was a shitty job.

Though, when it came to the mention of her beliefs, she could handle no more. “You can criticize me or my decisions as much as you like, but don’t you dare pretend to know my goddess. One of the very few things I have left is belief and I’ll not have it taken away from me.” Aurelia challenged, making sure her stance on the matter was crystal clear.

"Aurelia Veratti"
 Fancy Italic.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Rare and Sweet Like Cherrywine The Polar Sound 07:50 PM, 10-17-2023 08:53 PM, 11-25-2023